If you are interested in having the ADEP Assistant Director come speak to your student group, organization, or class, please fill out the Qualtrics form. Include a detailed description about what kinds of information, regarding alcohol and other drugs, your group would most benefit from. Please include a few options for dates, locations, and times.
TO SIGN UP: Training Request Form
ADEP offers trainings to the following groups:
▪ Athletics: Learn how alcohol affects the athlete’s body. In an interactive discussion, find out how your decision-making can improve the overall well-being for yourself and your teammates.
▪ Residential Education: Discover the myths and truths about drinking perceptions pertaining to residential education. Learn about the stages of intoxication and obtain effective intervention skills. Discuss ways in which residential education staff can foster conversations with their residents about the consequences of drinking.
▪ Fraternity and Sorority Life: Debunk the myths about drinking culture in fraternity and sorority life. Explore healthy decisions you can make when it comes to alcohol. Learn about risk management and how you can help a brother or sister in need.
ADEP collaborates with other schools and organizations for the following trainings:
ADEP offers TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS), a free training for college students. This course views students as the experts and provides skills of how to assess and intervene in drinking-related situations. Becoming nationally certified via TIPS is a resumé experience. To learn more about TIPS, check out their website here.
The New Jersey License Beverage Association offers TAMS (Techniques of Alcohol Management Training). TAMS provides owners, managers, and staff the tools they need to be safe and responsible retailers of beverages and alcohol. To learn more, click here.
- Ewing Drug and Alcohol Alliance Committee
Joe Hadge is a member of the Ewing Drug and Alcohol Alliance Committee, which seeks to identify the needs of the community with respect to alcoholism and drug prevention education. This committee also works to implement and support programs consistent with the policies and procedures of the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- Prevention Coalition of Mercer County
ADEP works with the Prevention Coalition of Mercer County (Instagram: @preventionmercercnty) in an effort to prevent potential substance abuse and its harmful consequences. Mercer Council actively provides quality alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse prevention programs and services in partnership with individuals, families, school, communities, businesses and professionals. For more information about the Mercer Council, click here.
- New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety
ADEP works with the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety to address issues pertinent to alcohol and driving. NJDHTS funds ADEP’s annual Peer Institute, which attracts over 14 colleges from 3 different states and provides national certification from Bacchus Gamma for peer leaders. For Peer Institute 2020, ADEP was able to virtually certify over 170 students.