You Matter…..We Are Here For You. Lions Support Each Other!
Crisis Support During Office Hours
If you are seeking help for situations of an emergency nature that occur during office hours (8:30 – 4:30 M-Th; 8:30 – 4:00 F), please be sure to call the front desk receptionist (x2247) regarding the nature of your urgency. We will do everything possible to respond promptly and/or involve other resources as needed.
For situations involving an immediate threat to life, call 911.
After Hours Support
- Capital Health System 24/7 at (609) 396-4357 or (609) 396-HELP
- Campus Police at 911 or (609) 771-2345
- Reach to residence education and housing student or professional staff from your floor or building.
- For broader events – emergencies of a larger scope – consult Emergency Management at The College of New Jersey
- NJ Hopeline: 855-654-6735
- LGBTQ Hotline: 866-488-7386
- Womenspace: 800-281-2800
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- Vets4Warriors 24/7: 855-838-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line 24/7: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: text START to 741741
- TCNJ Cares Reporting form
- Should I be worried?/What should I do? (Faculty and Staff Guide to Students in Distress)
NJ State Resources
New Jersey Mental Health Cares has experienced staff available to provide emotional support for issues related to COVID-19 and other mental health concerns. Please note NJ Mental Health Cares does not provide crisis intervention. Their helpline, 1-866-202-HELP (4357) is free and confidential. Available 7 days a week, 8 am – 8 pm.
Early Intervention Support Services (EISS)
EISS offers an alternative for those who are not in need of hospitalization but require more intensive screening and counseling services. EISS can provide stabilization and supportive recovery with timely access to psychiatric consultation, counseling, and other services necessary to help individuals in need of urgent mental health care. EISS is located at 1225-125 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road, Building B, Suites 504-505, Hamilton, NJ 08619. Call (609) 256-4200 for rapid access to mental health services.